WHATEVER YOU'RE STUCK ON, ASK THE EXPERT
A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
WITH LOCAL BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS
Grow Your Handmade Wholesale Business
Presented by Emily Kerr, Wholesale in a Box
This workshop is for makers, artists, or designers who want to grow the wholesale side of their business and see their work in more stores or who want to know what it might look like to do so in the future. Whether you’re just getting started or are already in dozens of stores, you’ll learn methods and tips for growing wholesale in a way that is simple, inexpensive, and adaptable to your style and ethos.
You will learn the basics of:
- How to get your ducks in a row for wholesale — terms, order process, line sheet, order minimums, pricing, etc.
- The key things you need in place to be successful with stores.
- Pros and cons of wholesale outreach options, including tradeshows, Etsy Wholesale, direct outreach, and other methods
- The mental shifts you need to make to grow your wholesale business.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them, plus pro tips from the most successful wholesale makers.
Emily runs the show at Wholesale In a Box. She develops their training materials, software, store portfolio, partnerships, and strategy. But what she loves most are the one-on-one coaching calls she does with each maker.
Previously, she was Founder & CEO of Liga Masiva, a "global farmers' market" of farmers in Latin America. She has also worked at FMCG, a boutique management consulting firm, was a Business Advisor at the SBA’s Small Business Development Center, and at Greenmarket, NYC’s network of farmers’ markets. Her work has been featured in O: The Oprah Magazine, Forbes, and Entrepreneur Magazine. She has spoken on making and business at The Hudson River Exchange, Starting Bloc, and The Maker’s Summit. When not working with makers, Emily tries to make it to yoga, explores the Hudson Valley, and makes progress on the shawl she’s been knitting for 3 years.
SHOP OPTIMIZATION CONSULTATIONS
Have an Etsy online shop for your unique line of handcrafted items? Learn how to optimize your shop so it will sell your products to a wider market and generate more income.