But you might be thinking,
"What's the big deal? What's in it for me?"
In its current form, The Maker City Directory has been a list of makers with links directing to their businesses' websites. But the directory is getting a facelift and you'll want to be a part of it!
Here are eight reasons to get yourself in The Maker City Directory. ASAP.
- The Maker City Directory is a free online resource that is available for Knoxville-area makers to list their company and the products they make. If you haven’t joined the directory, you can do so right here!
- The Maker City Directory is being updated and upgraded. The changes mean that makers can now add photos and logos to their directory pages. The new and improved directory is much more interactive, giving potential customers a visual idea of what you do and how to find you. You can check out the new improved directory pages here.
- The Maker City Directory is a good way to connect with buyers. The directory is divided by categories (like Apparel + Fashion or Food + Drinks) so viewers can search easily for the type of product they want. Tags and keywords are driving eyes to the new pages. We're making it much easier for customers to navigate and find what they're looking for.
- The directory is also a great resource for architects, designers, and contractors to find local custom manufacturers to supply materials for the projects they’re working on.
- Makers can connect with other makers by using the directory. Are you a woodworker who needs metal hinges? Are you a music maker who needs some design work? Are you a new maker who could use advice from a seasoned Etsy seller? Find who you're looking for and connect right here! You can also join The Maker City Community Facebook group.
- The Maker City and the folks at VisitKnoxville.com are working on a “makers map” that will direct people to studios and shops that are open to the public. If you have a physical store, let us know where and when you're open!
- And VisitKnoxville.com is linking to the directory from its website to create awareness among visitors to the Knoxville area.
- We're always on the hunt for local makers to feature on our social media, and the directory is the first place we look! We’ll help in every way we can to promote local makers and your work.
If that's not enough to get you excited about your own maker directory profile, take a look at the old directory layout compared to a completed maker page!
New maker profile: